In 2022, we'll be seeing Chinese tourbillon watches hit the market again – and this time, they’ll be the real deal! The early 2000s saw an influx of tourbillon watches come from China, but they were poorly made knockoffs. By the time these knockoffs reached the United States, they had become extremely rare and wildly expensive collectibles. In 2022, however, you'll be able to purchase high-quality Chinese tourbillon watches at reasonable prices; here are some of the models you can look forward to buying in 2022...
The top five Chinese watch brands
The top five Chinese watch brands in no particular order are Aibi, Beimasi, Fengquan, Qiaoshou, and Yicheng. These brands are known for their excellent quality, top-notch designs, and affordable prices. If you're looking for a perfect Chinese tourbillon watch, these are the brands you should keep an eye out for in 2022. They may not be top-of-the-line models, but they have many beautiful qualities that make them great watches!
For example, Alibi's 《Temple Tourbillon》 has Arabic numerals with a traditional style and is made from 18K rose gold and white gold with mother-of-pearl dials; it also has a power reserve indicator at the noon position.
Beimasi's 《Dragonfly》 is crafted from platinum with diamond accents on the crown; it also features diamond indexes on both sides. The price ranges from $6,000-USD 7,000.
Fengquan's 《Nymphaea has Arabic numerals on one side and Roman numerals on the other, which can be used depending on preference; it is crafted from 18K rose gold with a sapphire crystal glass display case back. The price ranges from $5,000-USD 6,000.
The top 10 most popular styles
As we head into 2022, a few cool Chinese tourbillon watches are worth keeping an eye out for. Here are the top 10 most popular styles:
- The Modern Minimalist
- The Art Deco Inspired
- The Geometric Shape Shifter
- The Hybrid Sport Watch
- The Fashionable Functionality
- The Casual Cool
- The Classic Simplicity
- The Lively Nostalgia
- The Stylish Sophistication
- The Flirty Femininity
The 6 best entry-level pieces you can get your hands on today
In the world of watches, tourbillons are seen as some of the most intricate and impressive mechanisms. So often found in high-end timepieces, they can command a pretty penny. But what if you're just getting started in watch collecting? Or maybe you're looking for a gift for a special occasion?
Here are six of the best entry-level tourbillon watches available today.
Mulliner Tourbillon Watch - Starting at $34,000
Bell & Ross BR03-94 AeroTourbillon - Starting at $8,400
Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Gran Complication 3600 - Starting at $37,800 Jaeger LeCoultre Memovox Polaris Tourbillon - Starting at $36,500
Tudor North Flag Midsize Boutique Exclusive Edition – Starting at $6,500
Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic Acciaio Carbon Black Dial -Starting at $4,950
The top three luxury pieces worth investing in
- The best Chinese tourbillon watches have excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Top Chinese tourbillon watches will also have a unique design that sets them apart from other brands.
- Cool Chinese tourbillon watches have an exciting feature or function that makes them stand out from the rest.
- Best Chinese tourbillon watches must be able to cater to the taste of both international collectors and domestic buyers.
- A top Chinese tourbillon watch is always made with the wearer's comfort, even at the expense of style and appearance.
The best watch boutiques where you can buy great Chinese tourbillons
In search of an excellent Chinese tourbillon watch? Here are the best places to start your search:
- Shanghai Time Square
- Beijing Feng Shui Centre
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Guangzhou Opera House (A must-see landmark)
- Shanghai Traditional Street (The most famous old street in China)
- Hangzhou Gardens (Located at one of China's most renowned historic sites)
- Chengdu Wonderland Amusement Park (An amusement park and shopping center with a theme based on world cultures)
- Harbin Ice and Snow World (A winter wonderland on ice, this site is recommended for those who want to get away from it all)
- Beihai Palace (One of the four central imperial gardens in ancient China)
- Huangshan City Night View(Watching nightfall over Huangshan City will not disappoint!)
- Li River Boat Ride (Cruise down this beautiful river while enjoying scenic views on both sides)
- Dongting Lake Scenic Area(Home to many historical monuments and cultural landmarks)
- Mount Emei Scenic Area(Ancient Buddhist temples where pilgrims gather year-round)
In recent years, some of the world's most prestigious watch brands have turned their attention to the Chinese market, releasing special editions of their tourbillon watches specifically for this audience. But with prices starting at around $100,000, these watches are still out of reach for most people. So, what are the good Chinese tourbillon watches you can buy in 2022? Here are our top picks:
- The Audemars Piguet Chinese Day/Night Watch: A limited edition of just 12 pieces priced at 2 million yuan ($290,000).
- The Rolex Sky-Dweller China Special Edition: Only sold in Asia, it comes in a 40mm case and has an 18k white gold bezel. Priced at 1.3 million yuan (US$200,000), it is one of the cheapest options on this list and should appeal to those looking for a high-end watch but don't want to spend too much money.
- Patek Philippe Calatrava Travel Time: Released as part of Patek Philippe's annual calendar release, only 36 pieces will be available worldwide, so if you're interested in one, order quickly!